<VV> [FC] Cause of Bad Ignition Switch?????

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Mon May 4 23:13:23 EDT 2015

Your problem is in the resistor wire in the coil circuit.  When you are in the start position, you are bypassing the resistor wire and giving full battery voltage to the coil.  As soon as you let the key go from the start position to the run position, you're running on the circuit with the resistor wire.  The resistor wire isn't providing any voltage to the coil.

dp