<VV> Smoke signals

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed May 13 19:36:57 EDT 2015

Harry's right on the quick check.

If there is a hole in the diaphragm, then yes, it has to be replaced to
prevent sucking ATF into the engine and burning it, and the money in
your wallet! ggg

One could disconnect and plug the hose, but the tranny will shift
harshly and probably eventually do internal damage. It is OK to do this
for further testing to see if the smoke clears. It may take a while to
burn out the existing ATF in the hose.

One can also use a Mighty Vac type tester and see if the modulator holds
vacuum.

Frank DuVal