<VV> Rear Seat Belts

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 17 17:20:14 EDT 2015

It has long been my understanding (I have no documentation on this) that
Fronts were optional in '64 (I don't know about rears - but maybe also
optional?).  Fronts were standard in '65 with rears optional.  In '66 both
fronts and rears were standard.

All of that said, there were variations from state to state initially.

The interesting thing to me is that Kelly mentions deluxe belts in the rear.
This makes me think that they were ordered for her '64.  I don't know if
that would be a factory install or not.  I suspect a dealer install.  Seems
to me that there would be a code on the body tag for a factory install, but
I don't know what that code might be.

Later, JR