<VV> Rear Seat Belts

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Tue May 19 02:38:35 EDT 2015

Here's more than anyone probably really cares to know about '64 seat belts:

http://www.corvairkid.com/64fcnote.htm

Although the title of the article mentions "FC", it cover all '64 Corvair models. Bryan is correct about how rear belts could be obtained.

Rear belts (both custom, aka "standard", trim and custom deluxe trim) became available from the factory in March, 1965--and as a result, very few '65 Corvairs have the factory-installed version (RPO); more have the dealer-installed accessory version. Only 174 cars were equipped with the RPO A64 rear belts in custom (aka "standard" trim) for the 1965 model year while 260 cars had RPO A47 (custom deluxe trim).

http://www.corvairkid.com/65-67rpostat.htm

--Kent