<VV> Fwd: Sreaming in low (PG)

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 14:50:36 EST 2015

My '64 would drop down into low on it's own.  I had to always be quick  and
pull the shift lever up a little bit to get it to upshift.  Took it to  a
claimed "Corvair Knowledgeable "Mechanic".     St. Cloud,  Florida - as I
remember.  After some time not getting the car back I found  that the car was
at an auto. trans. shop where it was said to have had the  trans. rebuilt
with something like an $800 bill due.  My wife and I drove  to that shop and
informed the shop guy that he had our car and that I had not  authorized a
trans. rebuild.  We drove away in it.  More investigation  into the problem
uncovered that there is an adjustment that can be done at the  shifter behind
the dashboard to position the shift lever properly.  Yes, I  read all the
E-Clip info - prior to all of this happening.

Also, I had told the "Corvair Mechanic" that the car had no
weatherstrippings on the doors and that it had to be parked indoors.  He  assured me that
it would be.  When I got to the car it was flooded with
water....INSIDE.......

Joe Dunlap
Oxford, Fl.