<VV> '65 Glove Door Wrinkle Paint

Carl Kelsen Arlette Pat arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 17:31:34 EST 2015

G'day Jerry,I don't think there is much I can offer from the other side of the world (Australia) but perhaps the following might help?
When we were converting our 1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza convertible to right hand drive (RHD) we had to completely re make a mirror image right hand version of the cars glove box door, and both dash panels. While doing this right hand drive conversion we incorporated Corsa instruments but I wanted to retain the Monza silver wrinkle finish as I much prefer it over the Corsa black finish.
To achieve a silver wrinkle finish we firstly used black wrinkle paint then over sprayed silver paint on  the black wrinkle finish. As we were repainting all three panels the shade of silver could be sightly darker or lighter without problem but we did in the end achieve an almost perfect match to the original.
I guess this approach is an option for you. Of course you would leave your car left hand drive but if you did this it might require repainting all the silver dash panels.
I tried but simply could not obtain silver wrinkle paint in Australia sand I reasoned that even if I could it probably would have not been the correct shade of silver anyway.
Hope the above helps?Regards from down under
Carl L. KelsenRHD 1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza convertibleMelbourne, Victoria, Australia
Jerry Brown had asked:" looking for the silver wrinkle paint to paint a 1965 Corvair (Monza) dash and glove box door, but can't find any".