<VV> alternators

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Nov 5 15:57:59 EST 2015

I had 2 140 amp alternators in the 10 series case on my boat , but they had
 double pulleys. High current Rotors are getting pricey but rest of parts
are  still reasonable. I build several a year of them with no troubles (yet?)
The biggest ones I have built for single pulley are 100AMP or less.   The
one on my truck is from early caddy said 105 amp on original case. I have
high current high beams , gas heater (2 blower motors) , heated seats , and my
 50 watt ham radio. I have replaced the head temp gauge in the Spyder dash
with a  nice voltmeter. The vac gauge is a small "motometer" that NAPA used
to carry ,  but can not find them any more.
 The Clark's belt seems to be holding up OK , but you see rubber dust
evidence . I have @10,000 miles on the belt , quite a few with gas heater and
ham radio talk time. I do not drive much with High beams on , but volts go
down  @2 volts with full load , on a heavy power feed wire from rear to front.
Regards, Tim Colson