<VV> 3-speed issues

James P. Rice ricebugg at comcast.net
Fri Nov 20 15:44:00 EST 2015

Randy:  I'm a late arrival at conversion, but...FWIIW....

Once upon a time, in a rush, I dropped the drive-train fast.  Did not ease
it down, making sure all the stuff in front of it was clear.  When I put it
back in, could only get 3rd-4th or  R-1st-2nd .  Come to find out after a
lot of polite @#$%!!'ing, we discovered I had bent the shift linkage tube at
the front.  Clue was how far it hung down as we connected
/disconnected/reconnected it trying to get it to work.  Had to take tube
out, IIRC, and apply brut force in the other direction.   Brut force bent
it, brut force realigned it.

Good luck.

Historically Yours,
		James Rice