<VV> water pumper (NOT Corvair)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Oct 6 05:39:49 EDT 2015

It may work , but not the greatest idea. BYPASS THE HEATER! then put clean
water in the system. Then add alumaseal to it and run it a while to a good
thorough warmup.  Then drain a warm motor and let it set a few hours. Then
hook the heater back up and refill with anti freeze. Make sure you get all
the  air out of the system. It may take some work to accomplish this. A good
honest  shop would never suggest this repair as permanant!   Maybe check
torque on head also. I have seen head bolts fail. That is why a new set is
suggested if you remove the head.
  I would still plan on doing it right if at all possible.
Regards, Tim Colson