<VV> Excessive oil pressure at oil filter

Tom Hughes corvairdad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:02:14 EDT 2015

I did mean the filter's retaining bolt (the one on the top). Now that I'm
back at my desk and can access a manual, I see the specified torque is 9-15
ft-lbs (~100-180 in-lbs, hence the 150 in-lbs target). I was surprised it
was this much, but that's what I always torque to now.

I would think that if something catastrophic has occurred there'd be other
signs (new, nasty noises, reduced power, etc.).
--
Tom in Baltimore
corvairfleet.blogspot.com