<VV> Anyone have a new or good 61-65 4-sp countershaft?

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 19:03:14 EDT 2015

Hello, all! My daily driver has been down due to a transmission problem. I have torn the transmission down and obtained new parts, except the countershaft (Clarks part # C1855), which was on back order. Clarks thought it would be available by Sept 30, but when I called today they say it is mid to late November. I would really rather finish this repair before the dead of winter.
If anyone has the part (61-65 4-speed countershaft) I would really appreciate it. I can either buy it from you or "borrow" it and replace it when Clarks gets it back in stock. This is just the shaft (not the gears). Anyone got one in your stash? I am looking for either new or like new condition. My old one has some very minor spalling, but it is hard enough to replace that I don't want to take any chances.
Thank you!
-- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on