<VV> Oil temp

James Cuneo jamescuneo at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 26 12:44:21 EDT 2015

Hello, I finally had the opportunity to take my corsa on a long road trip past weekend. Prior I was seeing 210 average on oil temp around town and short highway runs. I observed 240-245 after an hour at 3300-3500 rpm, 65-70 mph yesterday. Outside air temp >< 80.Pressure 35 psi.I recently installed a VDO oil temp gauge with sensor mounted in oil filter adapter bolt.Is this location before oil cooler? What is the optimal location for sensor?Thanks,Jim Cuneo norcal 1965 140/180 corsa