<VV> 4-speed transmission / OD 4th?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu Oct 29 17:24:44 EDT 2015

I followed the discussion on overdrive transmissions with considerable
interest.  I would like to know if anyone has thought of using a Corvair
4-speed case, putting the 3-speed gears in it, and making new overdrive fourth
gear?  I have no idea if it would work, but if not, why not?
 Richard Royle
66 Corsa Turbo

You can do just as well with a set of 3.08's and the proper year model  4 speed....just not a total of 5 speeds.....we actually could use eight!

Corvairs just don't make torque below 2500 rpm  and the cooling fan,  in hot areas, needs more rpm to adequately cool.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages