<VV> Overdrive Transmissions

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Oct 30 11:19:00 EDT 2015

May I suggest that Richard has a great idea here. I don't know just how his
 suggestion might work in actual implemetation but the conncept has merit.

All of the LM engines have a torque peak around 2200-2400 rpm (except maybe
 the 140hp and turbo) so what bad effects could possibly arise from reving
the  engine at a lower speed and still be over the torque peak in top gear.?
For  lower speeds, the lower gears would be appropriate. Normal crusing at,
say, 60  mph would likely drop from around 3000 rpm (way past the torque
peak) to around  2400 rpm...right at the torque curve peak. Any acceleration
from that speed  would be from max torque. If greater speeds are desired then
the available  engine torque would still be greater than without the 5th
gear. If you are still  worried, just rebuild your engine using the 95 hp cam
or Clark's OT10 cam that  the aircraft boys use to obtain max torque under
3000 rpm.

Bob Helt

In a message dated 10/30/2015 7:52:51 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,