<VV> Con-Ferr Buggy/Corvair

James P. Rice ricebugg at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 22:48:43 EDT 2016

All:  Stumbled upon a street buggie this evening.

I recognized the Corvair engine from the road doing 55 mph.  Went Hummm...,
then turned around.  I went back to look at it just for the giggles and was
surprised it was all Corvair underneath all the rust and dirt.  It is a
Con-ferr chassis with Corvair LM front and rear suspension, steering and
drive train (140) under what looks very much like what I think I remember a
Meyers Marx body looked like.  But he was copied so many times who knows?
Never saw a Con-ferr/Corvair before in any condition.

It is at a roadside used car lot/body shop about 20 miles north of me on
east side of the Illinois River.  Location is probably Germantown Hills, NE
of Peoria.  Got the phone number off the signage.

It is a total tear down and rebuild.  No carbs, so the engine is probably
rusted shut.  It is save-able, but not by me.

Let me know if you are interested.  It was getting dark, and I only had my
flip phone, so no pictures.

Historically Yours,
		James Rice