<VV> '64 oil seepage diagnosis and treatment

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Wed Aug 10 17:12:44 EDT 2016

On 8/10/2016 12:44 PM, Harry Yarnell (Verizon) via VirtualVairs wrote:
> No one has mentioned that the oilpan and rocker covers need to have their bolt holes flattened. Over time nd repeated tightening, the holes get dimpled.
>   Using your creativity, support the front side of the hole so you can get a flat hole when you mash the otherside (engine side) with a hammer

well - gently tap them down, so that the surface is flat. You could
probably dimple them a wee bit the other way, knowing the bolts will
pull them flat.

We were given that advice in an automatic transmission overhaul class,
back in - uh . . .

- back when they used cork gaskets on automatic transmission pans!

--
Jay Maechtlen
SoCal