<VV> rear main seal

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Aug 20 10:33:32 EDT 2016

Easiest?

Buy the tool from Russell Davis, Blue Chip Machine, also sold through
Clark's. This tool will allow you to remove the harmonic balancer (or
pulley) without removing anything else, like the rear air grille, engine
mounts, etc. You will have the job done in less than a half hour.

it really works well. Saves hours of time.

After balancer is off, just pry seal out with large screwdriver. Yes, it
is close quarters putting the seal back in, but I've never had an issue
doing it this way. Remember to grease the lips of the seal, as per shop
manual.

Frankl DuVal