<VV> Windshield Area Drain Holes

eamsquared at comcast.net eamsquared at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 14:06:24 EDT 2016

I just finished restoring my car. Had severe rust above the lower driver's side hinge on the door hinge pillar(picture attached) . Replaced the doors, driver's door hinge pillar (A-pillar), and front windshield. Did the windshield drain holes contribute to the pillar rust out? Opinions are welcome. In any case, I eliminated these drain holes during the restoration and intend to seal the windshield area to prevent water from entering the windshield lip. I am now re-installing trim items after the body restoration (picture attached).

Erich Meyer
Bayshore Corvair
Original Owner 66 Monza 110 PG