<VV> Engine Posession

Mike Jacobi mvjacobi at comcast.net
Tue Aug 30 18:50:46 EDT 2016

Ok. I know there are times......driving normally with no unusual stress on the engine. A tapping noise in synch with the engine. Speeds up with rpms slows down when rpms drop. Noise keeps getting louder. A bad lifter sez I. On the 5 mile drive home gradually gets louder til when I drive into garage, sounds like hitting side of a barrel with hammer.  Shut down. Came out next day. Started up. Same noise with light onset but transition to loud much quicker. Engine still runs as smoothly as ever. Lifters when checked seem ok. No loose plugs. Loosened heat shields for check. Put all back together and started. No noise.  Ran car round town for 45 minutes. All fine. Gotta tell ya it's really weird. It's fixed and I have no idea how.

Signed By Mike Jacobi