<VV> engine possesion

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Wed Aug 31 18:51:05 EDT 2016

It could be that a lifter bleeds down while sitting.  That happens to me once in a while in my '63 convert with a 110.  I think the little hole in the lifter ends up on the bottom and all the oil inside leaks out.  Then, the next day when I start it, it clatters and thumps to beat the band.  Once I pull out and start cruising down the highway it slowly stops ticking/clattering and is then quiet as a church mouse as it has then pumped back up.  It's fine thereafter.
Randy (Cap'n) Hook
'63 convertible 110/pg
Hopewell, PA