<VV> is this right? Duntov Corvair connection

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Mon Feb 29 16:49:44 EST 2016

The Wikipedia entry for the late, great automotive journalist Tom McCahill has an interesting passage about Corvairs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_McCahill

" McCahill conducted and reported on the first road test of the Corvair in 1959. In the presence of Zora Arkus-Duntov , chief engineer of the Corvair project, McCahill ran the car at speed on the G.M. testing grounds. McCahill reported that he was pleased with the handling characteristics and that the Corvair handled better than the 1959 Porsche . "

I have no recollection of ever reading or hearing that Duntov had anything to do with Corvairs.
In fact I think it was not until the late 60s Duntov became chief engineer for the Corvette.

Dan T