<VV> Junk in oil cooler

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Jan 6 15:02:32 EST 2016

Oil filter center seal???
Bob Helt

In a message dated 1/6/2016 12:15:11 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
virtualvairs at corvair.org writes:

I'm  working on a 37k mile '66.  I took the oil cooler off to clean it and
it
had some chunks of what looks like hard rubber inside it.  They  were
roughly
3/16-1/4" square in size but they clearly weren't made that  way.  Where
could they have come from?  I guess I'm going to have  to tear the engine
down to get it all out assuming that there is more  inside.  The engine
sounds tight but the oil pressure light comes on  at low idle when hot.
I can't figure out how these could have made it past  the oil pickup
screen...
Joel  McGregor