<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 132, Issue 7

Corvair Underground sales at corvairunderground.com
Wed Jan 6 18:49:07 EST 2016

Joel - It is possible that the squarish chunks of "rubber" may be
chemical residue from age.  "Neoprene" itself is a "plastic" made from
oil based material. With the very low mileage mentioned this oil cooler
obviously spent extended periods of time sitting.  Who knows what oil
additives were used in that time as well.

We have dumped many different chemicals in our oil and gasoline but
really have little quantifiable data as to what it coalesces to years later.

This also brings up up a concerning topic - contamination in oil
coolers. There is solidified contamination lurking in most coolers that
is impossible to clean out.

Lon Wall
www.corvairunderground.com