<VV> This guy's wife gets the MOTHER TERESA AWARD

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:34:43 EST 2016

The updated subject line not withstanding, I was not an English major.  I
have degrees in Math and Computer Sciences.  But I have been practicing
English every day as far back as I remember.  As was already said, the
switch wasn't considered serviceable by GM.  There are aftermarket canceling
pawls for them, but that isn't your problem.  Once you get the steering
wheel off, remove the turn lever and the canceling pawl.  You then can see
what is in Matt's picture.  A peg on the pawl pushes as Matt's arrow shows.
It moves the curved contact away from B into the next curved contact,
pushing it against RF.  If your right front signal works, your problem is
between the 2 curved contacts.  If it doesn't, the problem is between the
second contact and RF (or both).  Clean the contacts and hope it fixes it.
Sometimes bending a contact a bit will help, but is probably beyond scope.
Maybe a tiny bit of dielectric grease on each contact will slow down more
corrosion.  If that doesn't fix it, you need another switch.

Jim Becker