<VV> 1964 Glovebox light circuit

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 16:03:32 EST 2016

Who can tell me where the glovebox light wire goes in a 1964 Corvair car?
The 1964 wiring diagram and fusebox diagram look the same as the 1962: The lead plugs into the LH side of the fusebox at the rearmost fuse marked "Heat Blow" and "Gl. box", then runs to the light/switch at the glove box. My 1962 cars are actually like that. However, my 2 1964 cars have only the left hand fuse prong (no right hand fuse prong) so there is nowhere to mount a fuse, and there are no terminals leaving the side of the box at that location. If I try to follow the black/orange wire from the glovebox it appears to disappear into a harness wrap near the ignition switch, presumably en-route up over the instrument cluster and down the far left side. But I have not yet figured out where it comes out, or where it ultimately terminates at the fuse box or other power junction.
I get no voltage at the glovebox end, but I am frustrated trying to find the other end of the circuit to diagnose further.
Any help will be appreciated! -- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on