<VV> Early tranny shimming?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Jul 5 01:46:53 EDT 2016

Hi All,   Looking for info on tranny shimming for establishing correct toe-in on my '61 Monza 900 4 speed.   I understand that there should be at least a few shims used as a minimum on driver side.  What is the standard, and straight forward method to confirm the shim(s) requirement? I currently have "none" installed...which is probably incorrect.  I have no unusual tire wear.     Thanks. Eric.

Nothing is standard  except for the spacer on the one side...
With the rear mount  loose and the car on the ground.....
You shim accordingly to get 1/8"  TOE-IN
Make sure to roll the car  back and  forth a few feet to get things settled each time.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages