<VV> Installing a Torque Converter

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 19:22:41 EDT 2016

 Yesterday I had a couple of friends stop over. We were in the garage and I related my problem of installing the engine to the transaxle with the TQ attached to the engine.  Long/short. I was doing it wrong. Method that works is to:

   - first install the TQ onto the transaxle
   - then push the engine up to the TQ
   - engage the center of the TQ  to the crank shaft
   - push the engine carefully up to the transaxle (get the angles to line up)
   - install 3-4 bolts to hold the flanges tight together
   - rotate the engine by hand to align the flex plate's 3 bolts to the TQ
   - install the bolts loosely then retighten them
   -

Thanks to Dave Hill and Bob Sheidel, They let me help!