<VV> Ignition question

Paul Michalczyk paulm at tdl.com
Thu Jul 14 12:54:51 EDT 2016

Greetings,

I am installing a DIS (distributorless ignition system) which requires a
12 V source. My question is, is there a resistor, or resistor wire, in
the positive lead to the original distributor? The wiring diagram in the
factory manual does not show any resistors or resistor wire, unless you
count the voltage drop through the 20gauge wire from the ignition switch
to the coil. Checking voltage at the coil, I find a .4 V drop, with no
load. I would like to use the existing wire, if possible. If I do,
should I remove the wire from the starter solenoid? As always, many
thanks for your help and advice.

Paul Michalczyk
65 Corsa convertible, L100268