<VV> HOT OIL PRESSURE LOW

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 09:51:31 EDT 2016

New situation on my own motor just built for a Lakewood . Oil pressure
indicated on my test gauge on adaptabolt is very low after driving @10 miles.
no  oil light on , but indicates only 5 lbs at idle warmed up, jumps to @40
when off  idle. I checked relief spring and plunger (regulator) and replaced
the spring  with no change. This is a motor I built last winter in between
customer work .  It has new 060 full fin setup , reconditioned rods , 260 cam
etc. I think I used  oil pump off a core motor without checking it , but
not sure.
I am ready to take top off motor and recheck  torque on rods ,  but I am
always so careful of things like that...   My thoughts are in  motor because
oil pump should not change much on warm up?
other thing I did not look at was oil filter , because I figured if that
stopped flow bypass should work.

Any thoughts before I really put adrenalin to work on it?  No real rod
noises etc.
Gauge is new , and has been fine on all motors I have built last winter. I
ran this motor on the rolling table at least 2 hours with no indications of
a  problem. Pressure was @15 at hot idle before and very quiet for new
motor with  that type of cam.
Regards, Tim Colson    finally  jinxed.