<VV> Corvair regulator.

air_cooled63 air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 17:12:59 EDT 2016

The 1963 Corvair came with a generator, however, some where along the line some one could have changed over to an alternator. Any case it appears that the generator or alternator and respective regulators may be bad showing around 13 volts.  If it's a generator the brushes may be worn out or you could have a bad generator.  Troubleshooting  is required by a person knowing what to do to determine what is the problem. I just fixed a friend's  alternator system. He wanted to stay original so I purchased an alternator from The Advance store for a 1965 Chevy Impala 327 engine (same alternator as for Corvair 65-69, except for the front frame), changed  the front frame from the corvair to it and also replaced the the regulator with a new one. Worked great. Output  volage was 14.32. Jerry Brown

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone