<VV> 140's in a PG Rampside?

Dale Dewald d66dewald at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 08:52:35 EDT 2016

Hello Cliff,
I have to agree with Bob and others who have mentioned that the correct
selection and setup of the camshaft will be the most important factor
for the engine in your Rampside.  Even better results can be obtained by
prepping a good set of heads, either 110 or 140, to have good squish
effect and chamber volume to run 87 octane fuel.  Also pay attention to
the engine RPM at your favorite cruising speed and what is needed to
climb hills, based upon your gear ratio and tire size.  Don't do this
blind if you select an aftermarket cam.  Use the wealth of experience
from the Corvair community and perhaps some computer modelling to narrow
the selection process.
Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI

On 3/25/2016 00:27, Bob Helt wrote:
> Hi Cliff,
> You are way behind the times here. Please check out the graphs  and data
> from Chevrolet sources of a 140 hp engine having the 95 hp cam and 4  degree
> retard. You will see that this combination produces "way more" torque  than a
> 110 up to about 4000 rpm. That is just what a Corvair 95 needs.  See the
> recent version of my book, CORVAIR SECRETS, available from  Clarks and me.
>
> Everybody ought to have a copy just to advance their Corvair  knowledge.
> Bob Helt