<VV> '65 Stabaliser Bar install Problem?

Carl Kelsen Arlette Pat arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 26 17:12:23 EDT 2016

G'day from down under in Australia,
I am experiencing great difficulty re installing the front Stabaliser Bar on our 1965 Monza. The problem is that the clearance between the fuel tank and the bar is not consistent across its length. Once installed, one end (the right hand side) the clearance will only alow a sheet of paper to pass through! I think this is far to close.

I have check and rechecked  my installation of the fuel (gas) tank and can not see how the tank could be pushed up any further. The tank appears to be installed correctly so I don't believe I can win any more room by moving the tank itself.

I am now beginning to wonder if at some point in the cars life, the Stabaliser bar may have been bent but there is no indication of this. I am happy to purchase another Stabaliser bar then import to it Australia (an expensive excercise) but my concern would be that after spending the money that the replacement bar might not solve my problem. But may be I don't have a choice!

So, can anyone offer me any other solutions or alternatively should I simply go ahead and order a replacement Stabaliser Bar from our good and valued supplier Clarks?
Regards to all
Carl Kelsen
1965 Corvair Monza convertible