<VV> Winching onto trailer

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corporation vairtec at optimum.net
Tue May 3 09:48:18 EDT 2016

On 5/2/2016 9:42 PM, Mike McCrae via VirtualVairs wrote:
> Generally speaking, putting the car on backward will maintain the
> proper tongue weight on the trailer so as to prevent swerve and
> sway....providing of course
> there is an engine in the car.

Depends on the trailer.  Bryan's trailer, which looks like any ordinary
car trailer, works best with Corvairs loaded front-end first.  How do I
know this?  Because it used to be my trailer before Bryan bought it.  I
towed earlies, lates, FCs, even the Fitch Phoenix.  The trailer was best
balanced with all loaded front-first.

So, generally speaking, any trailer should be loaded in such a manner as
to achieve the proper balance and tongue weight, and no assumptions
should be made as to which end of the car goes first.

--Bob