<VV> BEST ANSWER SO FAR

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Nov 5 05:36:17 EDT 2016

The 2 alternator (yes you heard me) mounting bolts are a non issue.  Hire a
mechanic if you can't deal with them. Or invest in some better  tools.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301
Most of the time it because the turkey roaster ended up at the rear  most
position on the screw holes. No big deal to reach in there with a pry bar
and slightly bend the area by the inner bolt. (no one can see there anyway's)
I use 3/8 stuff , 6" extension wobble type with 9/16 short socket. You can
do it by feel after a few years at it. Get the inner one out first , then
the  outer one . loosen the outer one , tip alternator out a little , hang on
to it  and spin the bolt the rest of the way with your fingers,.so you
don't damage  anything.
Regards, Tim Colson    http://www.cnycorvair.com/Little_Corvair_Shop.php