<VV> '65 FUEL TANK INSTALL - SUCCESS!

Carl Kelsen Arlette Pat arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:23:46 EST 2016

G'day everyone,
Some of you might recall the difficulty I was experiencing reinstalling the fuel tank on our '65 Monza. Specifically I could get enough clearance between the tank and the stabliser bar.

I am pleased to report that after removing and reinstalling the tank numerous times I have finally resolved the problem completely. The causes were many. A little bit to do with my RHD conversion but mainly cause by a vent hose being to long and preventing the tank from 'seating' correctly.

Anyway the tank now sits perfectly now and I am now moving on with the rest of the reassembly of the car. Thanks to all who offered help. Your encouragement keeps me going in my garage down here in Australia.

I am certain I will face more challenges as I progress through the reassembly of our RHD '65 Corvair convertible but as they say, there is no gain without some pain!

Thanks once again to everyone.

Carl L. Kelsen
Proud CORSA member
1965 RHD Corvair Monza convertible