<VV> Correction> LM diff yoke torque spec?

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 18:00:12 EST 2016

Seemed high. What does shop manual say? Can't find it in there. I believe
this august body has spoken though. Probably around 30-35 ft lb? It is a
3/8-16. Has retaining locks so doesn't need to be overly tight - no lock
washer. My revised estimate is 30 - 35  ft lb WITH bent-finger retainer
tabs.

Chuck S

From: Joel McGregor?

https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/bolts/US-Recommended-Torque.a
spx

This chart lists 33 for a 3/8" grade 8.  I found some others that listed 35.
Nothing as high as 40-50 unless you are talking dry. (no oil at all)

Joel McGregor

  _____

From: jvhroberts at aol.com [

For a 3/8" Grade 8? Nah.