<VV> Lifter tick on Corvair

JRVIDRINE at aol.com JRVIDRINE at aol.com
Thu Nov 24 19:27:17 EST 2016

Sir,

One thing that you might try is to put some Marvel Mystery oil into your
crankshaft (whole bottle) and let it run a while.  If it is varnish that
needs cleaning the MMO is good at that.  You would want to run it a couple
hundred miles and then change the oil.

You can check it out at this Youtube site:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwAkvZf437Y

I once corrected a lifter tick I had on a 69 Chevrolet pickup truck less
than a year old by putting in some transmission fluid (1 Qt.) at the
suggestion  of a mechanic friend.  After starting it up and running about 5  minutes
 the ticking noise quit.  I did the same thing, left  it in a couple of
hundred miles and changed the oil.  I got rid of the  truck with 120,000 miles
and it never ever gave me any trouble.

Randy Vidrine

John R.  "Randy" Vidrine
2424 Pierre Matte Rd.