<VV> Question about '63-'64 rear brake drums

Nick R nraeber at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:17:48 EDT 2016

Hi
My '63 rear brake drums are worn at about 9.04" & 9.09" diameter. They've
already been turned. I think that the '63's may be out of acceptable
tolerance since I think acceptable is less than 9.05". I have some 1964
rear brake drums with the fins that measure 9.03" or less which would be
well within tolerances plus they're already turned smooth. I would like to
upgrade to the '64's onto my '63. Can anyone verify that this swap will not
cause any conflict with the remaining 1963 rear brake components? The '64's
have the same I.D. but the O.D. of the '64's is quite a bit larger. The
backing plates might be different. Does anyone here know one way or the
other?

Next will be my front drums, I wonder if I should look into upgrading the
fronts to 1964's which are larger O.D. and the same I.D. as the '63's. I
only have one '64 and it measures 9.03" so I would need to find another '64
front hub and drum if I went that way.

Thanks for the help, Nick