<VV> Wheeler Dealers & 63 Spyder

James P. Rice ricebugg at comcast.net
Thu Sep 1 11:44:19 EDT 2016

I saw the program.  Positive exposure, but not historically accurate in a
few minor things.

Car was a '63 'vertable with a 4 carb engine, which only had 2 carbs when
show started.  Repainted it and put in a new interior, springs & shocks and
tires and added the transversal leaf spring which appeared to be a bolt on,
so it probably had a '64 transaxle.  They also fixed the oil leaks w/new
pushrod tubes/o-rings and oil pan gasket.  Added new 2 muffler exhaust
system.

They had US$12k in purchase price and parts and 47 hrs of work in it, then
sold it for US$18k.  Which is something like US$127 an hour labor charges.
Don't know if they factored air-fare Clark's Corvairs into the selling
price!

Cal Clark was good to watch as they made the door panels.

The characters are Limei's, apparently working on the left coast.  Don't
know when they moved from England to the States.

I found it interesting, but my wife went off and watched HGTV.

Historically Yours,
		James Rice