<VV> what, exactly, does this mean?

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Thu Sep 8 23:11:31 EDT 2016

A friend enlisted my help to work on his '63 Spyder.  I disassembled the engine completely.  Imagine my surprise when I removed the cam and gear assembly from the crankcase and lowered it to sit it on the floor and the cam gear just FELL OFF!!!!!!  So, what exactly does this mean?  ( I think I already know, but I still want to hear what others' thoughts and opinions are anyway.)  Thanks a million.   (PS- the cam gear has a GM part # on it.  Not sure about the cam.)

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
Hopewell, PA