<VV> what, exactly, does this mean?

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Sat Sep 10 09:31:05 EDT 2016

That's very interesting. My 1965 Corsa 140, had a light knock at idle  for
years even after a rebuild in 1979. I never could find the  source. After
about 30 years, the light knock turned into a very loud knock. It  turned out
that I lost three adjacent teeth on the cam gear. It still  ran! I had a
local club member find the problem. His take was that the main  bearing closest
to the crank gear, had too much clearance. After replacing the  bearing and
verifying the correct clearance, he installed an OTTO cam gear. The  result
is that the engine has no knock and is quieter than it was when I bought
the car in 1966.

Dan Terry
1965 Corsa 140 coupe. 193,000 miles

In a message dated 9/10/2016 8:51:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,