<VV> [fastvair] Non-Corvair but headlight oriented

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 20:16:38 EDT 2016

OK,  few things...

Often you can get just the lens. It bugs me they won't spend the extra couple of bucks for truly UV resistant plastic. the problem is, the damage goes in some distance. Wax the headlights routinely, and they'll last longer.

Someone worked on a clear coat, which is a great idea. But first, you need to make the lens pristine again. Maybe Imron clear? This stuff is seriously UV resistant, and will block all UV from getting to the underlying layer. Just thinking out loud...

At this point, no one makes an HID sealed beam replacement that's worth a damn. And the Sylvania ones are among the worst. A good set of Cibie E code replacements work very well, far better than any other option out there.

John Roberts