<VV> Interior Door paint on 1962 Monza coupe?

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 12:15:54 EDT 2017

Thank you Frank for the additional information. I have added it to my stash of clues.
<<Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 14:50:17 -0400
From: <corvairduval at cox.net>
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Interior Door paint on 1962 Monza coupe?

Interesting, Doug. Good research.

The column with D part numbers is the PPG line of paint. The DX995 is flattening agent for the  Deltron system, and DBX1689 makes it a basecoat product. The other part numbers are pigments. The part numbers have no reference to GM codes until mixed into a formula.

The last column (medium red) with numbers for part numbers is Nason (Axalta), which was DuPont a few years back (they sold the automotive paint division).

In the table, Ditzler is now PPG (yes, Pittsburgh Plate Glass). I do not know why it says "standard lacquer", as those are the acrylic lacquer part numbers.
DIA was PPG's formula numbers for interior lacquer.

Fawn is light beige, like a deer fawn with the white spots. OK, the upholstery does not have white spots!

Frank DuVal>> -- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on