<VV> Which Spark plugs?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Apr 7 13:16:28 EDT 2017

On Apr 1, 2017, at 3:52 AM, Ralphsebrell via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

> 1. I found a list of replacement plugs, there are so many! How do I choose?
>

> 2. How do I know if I need a "hotter" plug or a "Colder"plug?

I have a list of plugs here:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/tools.html#parts

Generally, plugs are pretty simple things so I pick the ones that are in stock, I've run Champion, Autolite, and NGK equally well.  I will note that the application guides for Corvairs were sometimes wrong way back when, so sometimes we'd get the wrong plugs.  Nowadays the parts lookups seem pretty good.  Generally on a stock engine you want to use what's recommended - the hotter or colder is to prevent fouling or detonation, but that's usually an issue with modified engines.

--Bryan