<VV> Upper Blower Belt Guide & Factory A/C

Arlette Pat & Carl Kelsen arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 22 19:36:38 EDT 2017

G'day everyone.
The following is a question I have had for some considerable time.

Our  RHD 1965 'factory air conditioning' Monza convertible, as far as I can see has never had an 'Upper Blower Fan Belt Guide'. It has the locating nuts / holes for the required bolts but not the Guide itself. The rear lower guide is in place however.

My question is:
Is it that these Upper Fan Belt Guides were perhaps not used on 1965 Factory Air equipped Corvairs? Perhaps the condenser prevents it being used? Or is that a previous owner removed it and over looked replacing it?

I guess if our car should have one then my next request will be who has one for sale.
Regards
Carl Kelsen
1965 RHD Chevrolet Corvair Monza Convertible (factory A/C)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia