<VV> Upper Blower Belt Guide & Factory A/C

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Apr 23 20:31:47 EDT 2017

Hmmm,

GM never added a part that cost money to a car that was to be sold for a
profit. Remember these words when re-engineering fixes. Sure, they may
work for some time, but if parts were not needed, the money would never
be spent for development and installation.

Now, if you ever watch the belt in the idler pulley as you rev the
engine, you will see how the idler belt guide works and why it is so
important!

The belt guide does not keep the belt from wearing out, just keeps a
good belt from rising out of the grooves and popping off, rendering it
useless to reinstall. The idler guide should simply rotate out of the
way to change the belt, then adjust it back as the shop manual says, a
1/16" gap between belt and guide for both idler and upper guides. I
know, sometimes you rotate it too far and then you need to loosen the
nut and slide the idler guide back behind the washers. That can be a
pain when the engine is hot!

Frank DuVal