<VV> Oil pressure socket

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Apr 25 08:52:51 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

We all know to use a special oil pressure switch socket to change the switch.  What you might not know is there was a special one made by Kent-Moore that fits our cars without removing the alternator or fuel pump.  Mac Tools made one as well, it seems to be a pretty close copy of the K-M tool, I have one and checked the fit on a friend's '63.  Sure enough, just take the wire off and you can sneak it in there.

Now that you have the intro, here's a link to one on eBay with a Corvair budget friendly price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-Tools-Oil-Pressure-Sender-Switch-Socket-3-8-Drive-Mac-SC40-/132153588217?hash=item1ec4f7b9f9:g:82oAAOSwuLZY6a0S

If you miss out, it's a Mac SC40.  Be aware there are later versions that are taller, you want the one that the main body is about the same height as the width.

--Bryan