<VV> Removing tranny fluid

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sat Apr 29 13:19:12 EDT 2017

from: Guy Brandes <vair140 at aol.com>
I was wondering what's the easiest/quickest/most complete way to drain
trans/diff fluid from a 65 4 speed trans/diff? (with out removing it)
Smitty Says;  My answer is not for everyone but I have done it on every
stick 64 Tranny Corvair I have owned.  I get all my required tools on
standby and ready at hand.  Put a drain pan under the area.  drill a #3 hole
in the bottom of the tranny at a low point.  If You have an empty or open
case handy it would be well to look inside to select a spot.  Try not to
penetrate any deeper than just through the case, but if you do hit something
inside don't worry about it.  Everything in there is much harder than your
drill.  Now grab that 1/8 pipe plug tap in a T handle that you have ready to
use.  Stick it in the hole and thread away until you have enough threads to
insert the 1/8 pipe plug you have laying on the floor.  You may have to eat
about a cup of tranny juice while working but that is necessary to insure
you don't get any chips inside.