<VV> Fwd: Where to buy GL4 80w90 gear oil locally?

corvair at mymts.net corvair at mymts.net
Wed Aug 2 09:31:48 EDT 2017

This NAPA product appears to be GL4.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/SLRSL24239
I have a couple gallons of STA-LUBE GL4 at home. They've changed the packaging since then, but I see it still says GL4 on the bottle.
Les
-----------------

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 09:21:37 -0400
From: Billsmileyiii <billsmileyiii at aol.com>
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Fwd:  Where to buy GL4 80w90 gear oil locally?

Hello all,
My recently purchased 1961 shop manual says it is 5 qts. Is the product
(GL4 80w90 gear oil) preferred over the SAE80 "MULTIPURPOSE" gear
lubricant recommended in the shop manual? I am a "newbie" who left
the garage in 1962!
Our 1963 corvair convertible may never have had the lubricant levels
checked since the sixties!! It has had very limited mileage since then.
What are the warning signs of inadequate levels or deteriorated gear oil?
I am now in the process of providing better care of this vehicle but will
need a lot of questions answered. Incidently, my wife bought this car
as a new vehicle in 1963

Thanks for any help

Bill :)y

You only live once but if you do it right ...once is enough

When you are lucky enough to be at the beach...... you are lucky enough :)