<VV> Converting '61 to '64 Steering Box - Car

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 16:15:56 EDT 2017

I just happen to have one sitting in the garage. I am not sure what you mean by "from floor", but the shaft extends out of the box by 49.12 inches to the steering wheel end, and the box casting is 4.88 inches long (measured over the casting and the big adjuster locknut). The only thing adding to the length after that is the Adjuster nut itself at the street end of the box.
-- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on